Recommended Equipment & Equipment Policy
Recommended Equipment (policy can be found at the bottom)
- OPTIONAL: Certification Courses
- NOTE: If you have a headset/speakers with microphone that works on your computer you don’t need to buy.
- ESSENTIAL FOR SERVICING CLIENTS MOST CLIENTS:
- Yes: A Windows desktop/tower computer with a separate monitor is recommended.
- Maybe: All-in-one computers, laptops and Apple Mac computers may not be compatible with some client programs. Please refer to Opportunity Announcement the in the Portal for additional requirements.
- No: Dual boot machines, netbooks, and tablets cannot be used.
- Suggested Monitors: (You can purchase more than one if your client requires dual monitors)
- Suggested Computer Systems (You will need when you begin to Service)
- Tower Only
- Tower and Monitor (OR Dual Monitor Setup)
- Tower Only
Other security software may be incompatible and should be avoided. Technical support may be refused if your company’s software configuration is not compatible with the Platform or is determined to cause incompatibilities with servicing software required by the client.
Avoid the following: Your company is responsible for maintaining the security and reliability of its equipment. The following items are considered security risks to the Platform and, upon detection, may subject your company to the suspension or termination of its MSA or SOW:
- Malware infected software
- Virtualized Operating Systems (ie: VMWare, Parallels, etc.)
- Non-Client provided VPN software or Proxy settings
- TOR or other privacy software
Yes: Hard-wired broadband Internet service via DSL, Cable, or Fiber Optic connection.
- The use of wireless connections to access any system at any time is prohibited — even if the connection is encrypted.
- Connectivity to the Platform through an unauthorized Proxy Service or unauthorized VPN Service is strictly prohibited.
- Satellite, Microwave, and Cellular Hotspot Internet Services are not permitted. USB connected modems are not supported.
Unless stated otherwise in the Opportunity Announcement, most client programs are compatible with the following types of services:
- Digital service like XFINITY Voice ($9.99 Monthly)
- POTS (plain old telephone service)
- Cable telephony
- Business class VoIP
- The service should be connected directly from the wall to your telephone
- Cell phones, softphones and select VoIP (voice over IP) using USB or wireless services are not permitted at any time, including but not limited to: Google Voice, Magic Jack, Ooma, Skype.
- The servicing telephone line should not interface at any point with the computer.
- The servicing telephone line should not have voicemail, fax, or other features on the line (other than long distance, if necessary).